Nearly every industry is being disrupted by artificial intelligence (AI) solutions. AI uses machine learning (ML) as well as advanced analytical and logic-based techniques to interpret events, support and automate decisions and take actions. In the project setting, AI brings many potential benefits and also comes with challenges such as data privacy and security concerns, ethical and legal considerations.
Innovation is the primary force guiding project development around the world. Within this new environment, AI is giving rise to new management issues, new application scenarios, and new methods and tools. This environment provides a rich source for academic research oriented to AI in project, program and portfolio management, and offers opportunities to co-create value for the enterprise and its customers.
AI is emerging in project management practice, and research is urgently needed to address the challenges of both building AI-driven solutions, and leveraging AI to create more effective projects, programs, and portfolios. AI will have considerable impacts on competency requirements for project and program managers, project teams and sponsors, business leaders, end users, and other stakeholders.
AI is a crucial element for realizing full digital transformations across the world. Thus the search for impactful and innovative AI-based solutions supporting effective project management is the aim for this call for papers.
The 12th IPMA Research Conference seeks to explore how AI is impacting the work of project, program and portfolio management, as well as the impact of AI on projects and society arising from these solutions.
- Deadline for Paper Submission: February 4, 2024
- Notification of Acceptance: March 4, 2024
- Registration Deadline for Authors: March 29, 2024
We only accept original papers that have not been published elsewhere.
IPMA seeks authors with an interest to explore AI across the following areas:
- Risk modeling and management
- PM competencies in AI-driven projects
- Challenges in leading AI projects
- AI and professional development
- Swarm Intelligence and Decision-Making
- AI in project and organizational culture
- AI and project resilience
- Leveraging AI chat bots for project management efficiency
- Emerging AI use-cases and tools in project settings
- AI in business and digital transformation projects
- Creating team and consumer trust in an AI-driven environment
- AI and project collaboration
- Knowledge Acquisition and Representation
- Ethical challenges inherent in AI-driven projects
- AI as a driver of sustainability and circularity
Paper Submissions: Two Ways to Present at RC2024
The papers can be submitted in through the conference submission tool at IPMA RC 2024 ConfTool Pro.
Two types of submission will be accepted for the Conference:
Full paper: 3,500 to 6,000 words. All submitted papers will undergo double-blind review process using the full paper template . The accepted papers will be published on the Conference proceedings that will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science.
Full Paper Template:
Early-Stage Research: Up to 1,500 words. Special focus on academic researchers and practice-oriented topics related to outcomes for project society. All submitted papers will undergo double-blind review process (Early-stage research template ). The authors of all accepted Early-stage research submissions will be required to submit an extended abstract of 500 words to be published in the Conference proceedings of Project Management Research Ideas.
Early-Stage Research Template:
All conference proceedings are published under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license, meaning that users are allowed to share an article (i.e. copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and adapt it (i.e. remix, transform and build upon the material), on the condition that proper attribution is given and the material is only used for non-commercial purposes https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
At the end of the conference the Best Paper will be announced. The author(s) of the selected Best Paper will be recommended to submit an extended/modified version of the paper for publishing in the following journals:
- Project Leadership and Society, Elsevier (at additional costs). More information about the Journal can be found here.
- International Journal for Project Management. More information about the Journal can be found here.
Please contact us at email@example.com for any questions.